Burial funerals and Covid lockdown
Traditional burial funerals can either happen with a church service first, or a service at the cemetery chapel subject to it being open. The pandemic has seen most cemetery chapels closed. For a non-religious burial this means the service is graveside only.
The number allowed to attend is 30 people – we will advise.
We can use speakers at the graveside to play any chosen music. We can also video the service for you to share with those who can’t attend, to help them feel connected on the day.
We help to gently guide you as you work through your thoughts.
£1,950 graveside service only | £2,250 church or cemetery chapel before graveside + 3rd party costs & options
We serve families in West / SW London to NE Surrey
Family Led, Minister or Celebrant Led
If you wish for a faith led service we can organise a minister or priest, or you may already know who you wish to use.
Should you prefer a non-religious service, then we have a talented team of celebrants / humanists who can lead a service for you, whether you want something light touch, or a full eulogy service.
Alternatively with it being just immediate family, some families are choosing to lead the service themselves. We can advise you on how to best do this.
How to personalise
The restrictions on funerals has seen the evolving of ideas on how to help family and friends feel connected when they cannot attend.
- Hold a Ribbon – one family used a ribbon that they all held around the graveside – socially spaced – to feel connected with each other throughout the service
- The Drive By – for some families, we have arranged a ‘drive by’ where family and friends can gather at certain points along the route to the cemetery, to pay their respects – all safely, socially distanced
- Personal Voice Recordings played during the service
- Some families have used FaceTime during the service to connect with relatives overseas
- Video – if you wish, we can video the service, a private link will be sent to you after the service to share with family
- A Memorial Online-Page – to help you inform relatives and friends, this is useful if you are planning a memorial later
- Elegantly Designed Memory Booklets that you can send to family and friends – an online version is created too
- A Bagpiper recently played at a burial service, it was most moving
- If you have an idea, run it by us, we will see what can be allowed within the restrictions
Burial Funeral Summary
At White Rose Modern Funerals we help you to reflect a family member’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, don’t know where to start.
Our approach is to talk through what mattered to who has died and to you as a family. We then help you to create the most fitting way to say farewell.
Our transparent approach to pricing will help to minimise costs.
If you are purchasing a new grave, the criteria for resident and non-resident is important. Our knowledge and organisation skills will help you through what we know is an overwhelming and difficult time.
Nick and Jacqui are truly wonderful to work with, they really do care and do everything they can to support you through a difficult time. They kept in regular contact and were always at the end of the phone/email to help. They made my mums funeral such a special send off and I am so grateful I would highly recommend them. Louise A
The cost of a Traditional Burial
White Rose Modern Funerals fee:
Graveside service only £1,950 + 3rd party costs & options
Church or cemetery chapel service followed by graveside service £2,250 + 3rd party costs & options
Our fee includes
- Comprehensive support and planning to help guide you
- Collection of your loved one to be taken to private mortuary*
- Online announcement page with all the funeral details and where tributes can be left
- Should you not wish for traditional hearse transport, our smart Galaxy hearsette can be provided free of charge if you wish to keep things more simple.
- For procession to leave from family home please see options
* Out of hours collection – Monday – Friday 4pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays – incur an additional £195 fee (typically applies when collecting from a home or nursing home). Collections outside of 10 mile radius of Teddington are quoted on request
Example burial plot and interment fees
Each Council and Cemetery have their own fee schedules, but as a guide in Richmond upon Thames the purchase fee is £2,290 for a lawn grave and £3,041 for a traditional grave (residents’ rates). The Purchase of the Exclusive Right of Burial in the above sections are issued for 50 years. Interment fees are £1,520 for a standard depth grave (residents’ rates).
As you decide the style of service you would like, the following options are all available at an additional cost. We will arrange everything for you, so you don’t have to worry. You can view more details in the Options menu of this site.
- Coffin – choose from simple to natural. See coffins
- Black hearse £250 – see funeral vehicles for other vehicle options. Should you just want simple transport, a black Galaxy hearsette can be provided free of charge
- Hearse procession to leave from the home (£100)
- Limousines – carry 6 people (£300 per vehicle)
- Dressing of your loved one in chosen outfit (£75)
- Private viewing of your loved one in Chapel of Rest in Teddington, includes non-invasive preparation of the body (£250 )
- Officiant for the service – see celebrant or minister (typically £250)
- Order of service printed booklet – see order of service (from £60)
- Photo printing –A4 print in a smart simple frame(£35)
- Flowers – a beautiful casket spray or floral tribute – see funeral flowers (from £85 – £295)
We are also able to assist with further personalisation for a funeral service or celebration of life – please enquire for pricing:
- Memorial Book
- Personalised Balloons
- Remembrance Candles
- Favours and Keepsakes
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- We will arrange to meet you – either at your home, our office or other convenient location
- We will advise you on completion of statutory forms and paperwork
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- We will liaise with you regarding choice of dates and burial grounds.
- We will hand hold you through the whole process of planning a funeral, taking you through stage by stage so you are not overwhelmed, keeping you fully informed
- Flowers can be placed ready on top of the coffin if provided, or maybe you would like to place them yourselves when inside the chapel
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel
- Choose music tracks or hymns for the service
- We can recommend a Mnister or Celebrant if required
- See also Celebration of Life
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a burial funeral. We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Based in Teddington, White Rose provide burials and cremations throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.