Cemeteries in Richmond upon Thames
There are six cemeteries for burial funerals and ashes interments (cremated remains) located in Richmond upon Thames that are managed by the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames:
- Richmond Cemetery (joined with East Sheen Cemetery): Lower Grove Road, Richmond TW10 6HP
- East Sheen Cemetery: Sheen Road, Richmond TW10 5BJ
- Hampton Cemetery: Hollybush Lane, Hampton TW12 2QS
- Old Mortlake Burial Ground: Avenue Gardens, London SW14 8BP
- Teddington Cemetery: Shacklegate Lane, Teddington TW11 8SF
- Twickenham Cemetery: Hospital Bridge Road, Whitton, Middlesex TW2 6LD
Some cemeteries may be closed for new burials and some may not provide the facility for ashes interments. You should check with the central Cemetery Office which is located at East Sheen Cemetery. Contact the Cemeteries Team on 020 8876 4511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two other cemeteries located within the Borough of Richmond that are managed by Hammersmith and Fulham Cemeteries Department. These are:
- North Sheen Cemetery: (also known as Fulham New Cemetery) Lower Richmond Road, Richmond, TW9 4LL
- Located just across the road from Mortlake Cemetery
- Mortlake Cemetery: (also known as Hammersmith New Cemetery) Clifford Avenue/Mortlake Road, London SW14 7BU
- The main gates are on the Clifford Avenue (A316) to the west of Chiswick Bridge
Residents of Richmond upon Thames should be aware that for these two cemeteries, you will not be able to obtain the residents’ preferential rate. The telephone number for those is 020 8878 1934.
For further information visit the Richmond Council cemetery web pages.