Pre 10am: £1,550 + 3rd party costs
Our No Fuss Family Led funeral is a simple cremation funeral we have designed for families who do not want all the costly traditions that can typically go with a funeral – and where Direct Cremation ( a funeral without a service) is not an acceptable choice for them.
Typically attended by up to 12 people, the service is family led (no Minister or Celebrant), transport is our Galaxy hearsette and we use a simple handleless cardboard coffin. The coffin is pre-placed in the chapel before family enter. This option is typically pre-10am at either Mortlake, Putney Vale or Kingston Crematorium as these crematoria offer an early morning rate.
This service is designed for its simplicity.
Pre 10am: £1,550 + 3rd party costs
This service is offered at Mortlake Crematorium, Putney Vale or Kingston Crematorium only as they offer an early morning rate. The chapel time is 20 minutes.
3rd party costs are the crematorium fee pre 10am (£320 – £445) and the standard fee for doctors certificate of cremation £82.
So typically, a no-fuss attended funeral will cost around £1,997
For flowers we recommend a florist who creates beautiful hand tied coffin bouquets for a simple funeral, that you can then take home after. (£85)
Should you wish for the No Fuss family led service after 10am please contact us and we can advise re fee difference.
Should you prefer an alternative choice of coffin, our London Coffin (£245) or Simple Willow (£465) can be chosen at an additional cost – see coffin choices
(please note there is no transferable value of the cardboard coffin)
We're here to help you - call 020 3281 1045
What happens at a No Fuss Simple Cremation Funeral?
A No Fuss funeral service is family led – no minister or celebrant – and is just quiet time in the crematorium chapel, where a choice of music can be played.
Some families sit quietly using the time to reflect, others share memories or personal tributes. Some read out a final letter they wish they could have written.
We can help advise and open and close the service for you if needed – we see many beautiful family led services
This is private family time, that can offer a sense of comfort in a no-fuss but dignified way.
Why is pre 10am cheaper?
Our pre 10am service is offered at Mortlake, Putney Vale or Kingston Crematorium only for logistical reasons and that they offer a discounted rate pre-10am. The service time is shorter – 20 minutes.
This service suits families that want to be at the chapel to say farewell in their own way but don’t wish for any formality. It also minimises costs.
No Fuss Family-Led Cremation Summary
At White Rose Modern Funerals we help you to reflect a family member’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, don’t know where to start.
Our approach is to talk through what mattered to who has died and to you as a family. We then help you to create the most fitting way to say farewell.
Our transparent approach to pricing will help to minimise costs.
Our knowledge and organisation skills will help you through what we know is an overwhelming and difficult time.
Our family could not have asked for a better interpretation of our description of a service which my husband had wanted. We are left with memories of a calm and peaceful day. Sheila S
The cost of a No Fuss Family Led Cremation
White Rose Modern Funerals fee: £1,550 pre 10am
Our fee includes:
- A handleless cardboard coffin
- Transporting the coffin to the crematorium in our contemporary Galaxy hearsette*
- This is for services at either Mortlake, SW Middlesex, Putney Vale or Kingston crematoria only
Disbursements for this type of funeral are typically:
- Crematorium fee: £365 – £445 dependent upon crematorium
- Doctors’ fees for cremation forms: £82 during Coronavirus restrictions
You may personalise the service with a choice of:
- Flowers – see funeral flowers
* Out of hours collection 4pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays incurs a £195 fee
* Collection journeys outside 10 mile radius of Teddington are charged at £2.20 per additional mile
* Please note the pre 10am services are for Mortlake, Kingston and Putney Vale Crematoriums only
* Chapel of Rest viewing of the body is not available with the No Fuss option
* Please note there is no transferable value should you wish to choose an alternative coffin
Please note: the following options are unavailable with a No Fuss Family Led Cremation:
- Hearse transportation or hearse procession – a hearsette (a smart Ford Galaxy) is used
- Celebrant or Minister to lead the service – it would be family-led
- Chapel of Rest to view the body is not available with the No Fuss funeral – please see Personalised
If you require more flexibility and personalisation than ‘no fuss’, please look at Personalised Cremation Funeral
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- During the pandemic lockdown we will make arrangements remotely through phone, video call, skype or zoom
- We will complete all statutory forms and paperwork remotely
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- We will liaise with you regarding choice of dates
- The coffin will be place in-situ at the Chapel when you arrive
- Flowers can be ordered through our talented florist and we arrange delivery
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel -subjective to crematorium restrictions
- Choose music tracks to be played during your time in the chapel, the first of which will be played as you walk into the chapel
You will have 20 – 25 minutes- dependent upon crematorium
- Say your own words. If you don’t feel up to speaking yourselves, we are happy to speak for you with words you provide
- Or, just sit quietly and reflect – listen to more tracks of music
- Ashes will need to collected from our Teddington office for the foreseeable future
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a No Fuss Family Led Funeral.
We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. With the pandemic most meetings are manged through phone, WhatsApp, zoom.
Paperwork processes are all handled remotely during the pandemic.
We will email you a fee summary based on our discussion so that you have complete transparency regarding the pricing.
White Rose Modern Funerals arrange cremation funerals for families throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.