Current Situation for Funerals
The number of mourners is still being restricted – the exact number depends on the size of the venue, typically up to 20 – 30 people are allowed to attend (call us for exact numbers for your chosen crematorium). This has led to many families just wishing for private family time without any formality. Some families have created their own service – we can help to guide you.
Some families prefer to just quietly reflect.
Spending wisely does not lessen the meaning
Our fee and structure for a family led funeral is simplified to make decision making easier. We include our Galaxy hearsette transport and a simple cardboard coffin which is pre-placed in the chapel before you enter – no formal procession. An alternative choice of coffin can be chosen at an additional cost should you wish to personalise a little.
Pre 10am: £1,550 + 3rd party costs | After 10am: £1,750 + 3rd party costs
We serve families in West / SW London to NE Surrey
What happens at a No Fuss Family-Led Simple Cremation?
A no-fuss service is family led – no minister or celebrant – and is just quiet time in the crematorium chapel, where a choice of music can be played.
Some families sit quietly using the time to reflect, others read out personal tributes – or a final letter they wish they could have written. We can help advise.
This is private family time, that can offer a sense of comfort in a no-fuss but dignified way.
Why is pre 10am cheaper?
Most crematoriums are cheaper before 10am – a public service fact not widely publicised! We recognised a need for families that don’t want a formal funeral service but wish to be there at the committal.
So our early morning service is for families to just have meaningful time in the simplest way.
We extended the service to after 10am as more families approached us about wanting to be able to lead the funeral themselves but an early time wouldn’t suit them. The slightly higher fee reflects other considerations we have to manage during the busier times of the day.
Pre 10am services are held at Mortlake, Kingston or Putney Vale Crematoriums only.
No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation Summary
At White Rose Modern Funerals we help you to reflect a family member’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, don’t know where to start.
Our approach is to talk through what mattered to who has died and to you as a family. We then help you to create the most fitting way to say farewell.
Our transparent approach to pricing will help to minimise costs.
Our knowledge and organisation skills will help you through what we know is an overwhelming and difficult time.
Our family could not have asked for a better interpretation of our description of a service which my husband had wanted. We are left with memories of a calm and peaceful day. Sheila S
The cost of a No Fuss Family Led Cremation
White Rose Modern Funerals fee: £1,550 pre 10am | £1,750 after 10am + 3rd party costs
Our fee includes:
- A wood effect cardboard coffin
- Transporting the coffin to the crematorium in our contemporary Galaxy hearsette*
- This is for services at either Mortlake, SW Middlesex, Putney Vale or Kingston crematoria. Alternative crematoria may be considered and will be subject to a surcharge.
Disbursements for this type of funeral are typically:
- Crematorium fee: £365 – £670 dependent upon crematorium
- Doctors’ fees for cremation forms: £82 during Coronavirus restrictions
You may personalise the service with a choice of:
- Flowers – see funeral flowers
- Printed photo in photo frames (£35)
* Out of hours collection 4pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays incurs a £195 fee
* Collection journeys outside 10 mile radius of Teddington are charged at £2 per additional mile
* Please note the pre 10am services are for Mortlake, Kingston and Putney Vale Crematoriums only.
* Please note there is no transferable value should you wish to choose an alternative coffin
Please note: the following options are unavailable with a No Fuss Family Led Cremation:
- Hearse transportation or hearse procession – a hearsette (a smart Ford Galaxy) is used
- Celebrant or Minister to lead the service – it would be family-led
If you require more flexibility and personalisation than ‘no fuss’, please look at Personalised Cremation Funeral
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- During the pandemic lockdown we will make arrangements remotely through phone, video call, skype or zoom
- We will complete all statutory forms and paperwork remotely
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- We will liaise with you regarding choice of dates
- The coffin will be place in-situ at the Chapel when you arrive
- Flowers can be ordered through our talented florist and we arrange delivery
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel -subjective to crematorium restrictions
- Choose music tracks to be played during your time in the chapel, the first of which will be played as you walk into the chapel
You will have 20 – 25 minutes- dependent upon crematorium
- Say your own words. If you don’t feel up to speaking yourselves, we are happy to speak for you with words you provide
- Or, just sit quietly and reflect – listen to more tracks of music
- Ashes will need to collected from our Teddington office for the foreseeable future
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a No Fuss Family Led Funeral.
We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. With the pandemic most meetings are manged through phone, WhatsApp, zoom.
Paperwork processes are all handled remotely during the pandemic.
We will email you a fee summary based on our discussion so that you have complete transparency regarding the pricing.
White Rose Modern Funerals arrange cremation funerals for families throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.