ARRANGING A FUNERAL DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
If you are faced with planning a funeral please just call us – Nick and Jacqui – 020 3281 1045 and we can guide you through what will need to happen and how we can help you.
The situation is changing daily, we are holding initial family calls by phone, conference call, skype or zoom.
We are a calm voice that will help. Please call 020 3281 1045
£1,550 + disbursements
We serve families in West / SW London to NE Surrey
The No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation service has been created by White Rose Modern Funerals for families that feel a Direct Cremation is too remote, but they do not require a full funeral either.
A simple cremation service is typically attended by immediate family (average 2 – 12 people) and is held before 10am – crematorium fees significantly less early morning.
What happens at a No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation?
A simple cremation service is family led – typically no minister or celebrant – and is just quiet time in the crematorium chapel, where a choice of music can be played and any mementos or photos displayed.
Some families sit and talk, others read out personal tributes, others just sit quietly and listen to music. It is your time, your choice.
The coffin will be placed in-situ in the chapel ready for your arrival, typically families bring their own flowers and place on the coffin when they arrive.
Comforting mugs of tea
Where it is allowed, we bring along a flask of tea before we then leave you with your own quiet reflection time. Families often comment on how they appreciate this.
Typically you will have 20 minutes, some families require less and that is fine, you just tell us what you want.
Spending efficiently does not lessen the meaning
Our No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation is a cost efficient way to say a personal goodbye without any frills. Families that have made this choice have appreciated the intimacy without having a large group of mourners.
No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation Summary
At White Rose Modern Funerals we help you to reflect a loved one’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, you may feel too numb to have any ideas at all – that is not a problem.
Our approach is to give you a simple starting point; No Fuss, Personalised, Natural. We then help you to think about what matters most – to find the best way to say farewell.
Our transparent approach to pricing will help to minimise unnecessary costs.
Our knowledge and organisation skills will help you through what we know is an overwhelming and difficult time.
Our family could not have asked for a better interpretation of our description of a service which my husband had wanted. We are left with memories of a calm and peaceful day. Sheila S
The cost of a No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation
White Rose Modern Funerals fee: £1,550 + disbursements
- Our fee includes a light oak effect coffin and transporting the coffin to the crematorium (in a smart hearsette)*
- This is for services before 10am at either Mortlake, Putney Vale or Kingston crematoria. Alternative crematoria may be considered and will be subject to a surcharge.
Disbursements for this type of funeral are typically:
- Crematorium fee: £310 – £445 dependent upon crematorium
- Doctors’ fees for cremation forms: £164
You may personalise the service with a choice of:
- Flowers – see funeral flowers
- Printed photos in photo frames (£35)
* Out of hours collection 5pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays
*Home collections or nursing homes collections incur a £195 fee
* Collection journeys outside 10 mile radius of Teddington are charged at £2 per additional mile
* Please note these prices apply for the following crematoria: Mortlake Crematorium, Kingston Crematorium and Putney Vale Crematorium. Crematoria outside these may not be possible for an early morning service and would incur a surcharge.
Disbursements are unavoidable third party costs that will be added to our invoice, which is to be paid in full prior to the funeral.
Please note: the following options are unavailable with a No Fuss Attended Simple Cremation:
- Hearse transportation or hearse procession – a hearsette (a smart Ford Galaxy) is used
- Pallbearers carrying the coffin into a ceremony – the coffin is pre-placed
- Celebrant or Minister to lead the service – it would be family-led
- Order of Service
- Alternative coffin choices
- Dressing of your loved one in chosen outfit
- Private viewing in Chapel of Rest
- Online announcement / RSVP page
For our Attended No Fuss Cremation we recommend limiting the number of attendees to no more than 12.
If you require more flexibility and personalisation than ‘no fuss’, please look at Personalised Funeral.
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- We will arrange to meet you – either at your home, our office or other convenient location
- We will complete with you all statutory forms and paperwork
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- We will liaise with you regarding choice of dates
- Our No Fuss Attended Cremations are held before 10am
- The coffin will be place in-situ at the Chapel when you arrive
- Flowers can be placed ready on top of the coffin if ordered, or maybe you would like to bring flowers to place yourself
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel – we can get this printed for you
- Choose music tracks to be played during your time in the chapel, the first of which will be played as you walk into the chapel
You will have 20 – 25 minutes in the chapel, where you can:
- Say your own words. If you don’t feel up to speaking yourselves, we are happy to speak for you with words you provide
- Or, just sit quietly and reflect – listen to more tracks of music
- For groups of up to 12 people, we bring along thermos flasks of hot water so we can make you mugs of tea, to add a sense of comfort
- Hand delivery of ashes within Richmond or Kingston upon Thames, otherwise a courier will be arranged at an additional cost
Relevant blog: Simple, personal touches for a No Fuss funeral
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a No Fuss Attended Cremation Funeral. We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. We can arrange to meet you in your own home or at our modern office in Teddington by prior appointment.
After our initial meeting, we will email you a fee summary based on our discussion so that you have complete transparency regarding the pricing. You can then decide if you are happy to appoint White Rose as your funeral director.
White Rose Modern Funerals arrange cremation funerals for families throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.