Attended, No Fuss Cremation Funeral
Attended, no fuss cremation with a simplified ceremony typically attended by immediate family rather than a full congregation.
£1,350 + disbursements
- Comprehensive support and guidance to plan a respectful goodbye. Planning a funeral, even no fuss, may feel overwhelming. The high level of support and communication we give, helps enormously at a difficult time
- Completion of cremation forms required by law
- Collection of your loved one to be taken into our care*
- A simple oak veneered coffin
- Transportation of your loved one direct to the crematorium in a simple vehicle (private ambulance)
- Professional communication throughout, so you have clarity as to what is being organised
- Hand delivery of ashes (for cremation funerals) within 10 miles of Teddington, otherwise a courier will be arranged at an additional cost
* Out of hours collection 5pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays incur an additional £195 fee (typically applies when collecting from a home or nursing home)
*Although we cover SW London and NE Surrey, we do charge additional mileage for longer journeys. Collections outside of our normal working area (20 mile radius of Teddington) – are charged at £2 per mile.
In order to keep costs to a minimum, our Attended No Fuss Funeral has been designed to include the basic requirements for a funeral, specifically a simple coffin and transportation, but without the personalisation options available with our Personalised Funerals. Your loved one is respectfully placed in the chapel ready for your arrival – music can be arranged to be played as you walk into the chapel and a photo displayed (see How it Works).
The following options are unavailable with a No Fuss Funeral:
- Hearse transportation or hearse procession – a simple vehicle (Private Ambulance) is used
- Pallbearers carrying the coffin into a ceremony – the coffin is pre-placed
- Celebrant or Minister to lead the service – it would be family-led
- Order of Service
- Alternative coffin choices
- Dressing of your loved one in chosen outfit
- Private viewing in mortuary Chapel of Rest
- Online announcement / RSVP page
For our Attended No Fuss Funeral we recommend limiting the number of attendees (ideally no more than 12) and booking a pre-10am service (we recommend Kingston Crematorium as it has a small, intimate chapel for a small gathering, but other crematoria can be considered). If you require more flexibility and personalisation than ‘no fuss’, please look at Personalised Funeral.
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- We will arrange to meet you – either at your home, our office or other convenient location
- We will complete with you all statutory forms and paperwork
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- We will liaise with you regarding choice of dates
- Typically our No Fuss funerals are held before 10am at Kingston Crematorium as it is a smaller chapel, where we can arrange casual seating nearer the coffin. This feels far less imposing and creates an intimate environment. After 10am crematorium fees cost significantly more.
- The coffin will be place in-situ at the Chapel when you arrive
- Flowers can be placed ready on top of the coffin if provided, or maybe you would like to place them yourselves when inside the chapel
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel – we can get this printed for you
- Choose music tracks to be played during your time in the chapel, the first of which will be played as you walk into the chapel
You will have 20 – 25 minutes in the chapel, where you can:
- Say your own words. If you don’t feel up to speaking yourselves, we are happy to speak for you with words you provide
- Or, just sit quietly and reflect – listen to more tracks of music
- For groups of up to 12 people, we bring along thermos flasks of hot water so we can make you mugs of tea, to add a sense of comfort
- Hand delivery of ashes within 10 miles of Teddington, otherwise a courier will be arranged at an additional cost
Cost: £1,350 + disbursements
Disbursements are unavoidable third party costs, which for cremations are the doctors’ fees for signing the cremations forms (£164) and the crematorium fees (typically £430 for an early morning booking). Burial fees will be subjective to your choice of burial ground and plot. Disbursement costs will be added to our invoice, which is to be paid in full prior to the funeral.
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a simple cremation. We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Based in Teddington, White Rose provide simple cremations throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.