Our personalised approach to funerals helps you to work out the most fitting way to say farewell. We listen, and hand-hold you throughout – you will have easy access to us outside of office hours as we know questions can pop up anytime.
What to think about:
Our first guidance is to think about whether you would like the style to be more informal and low key, or more formal with a sense of ceremony.
It is then considering whether it will be a particular faith led service, or non-religious led by a celebrant / humanist, or whether you would like to lead the service yourselves – family led.
A cremation funeral can be held at the crematorium chapel, a church followed by the crematorium, or if you would prefer a natural setting that is less funereal, see our alternative cremation venue option
Our flexible approach will help you to see ideas you may not know are possible.
Our pricing for funerals is fully transparent and flexible – you only pay for those elements that you require. Some fees are essential, others are optional, so the total cost will depend on the choices you make. When we have chatted through with you what you would like, we send a personalised Fee Summary showing the breakdown of costs in accordance with what you choose.
|White Rose Modern Funerals fee *||£1,950|
|Crematorium Fees (for single service)||Typically £620 – £670|
|Doctor’s certificate for cremation||£82|
|Transporting the coffin (there is no charge if using our Galaxy hearsette)||Traditional hearse £250 / Alternative hearse from £450|
|Coffin (there is no charge for our basic handleless cardboard coffin)||London oak veneer £245 / Simple Willow £465 / alternative choice of natural, solid wood, cardboard £300 – £850|
|Minister or Celebrant (or the service can be family led, we can advise)||£200 – £275|
|Family transport (limousine carries 6 people and will wait to end of service to either go on to the wake venue or return to the family home)||Limousines from £300 / Executive hire car POA (locally from £50)|
|Hearse procession to leave from family home||£100|
|Order of Service design and print (priced per copy, minimum 20 copies)||from £60|
|Video slideshow of photos (approx 30 photos set to chosen music track to be used as a reflection piece)||£95|
|Live webcast of the service||£60|
|Pallbearers (if coffin not being pre-placed)||£40 each, minimum 4 needed (£70 each if a church service before crematorium)|
|Flowers – we recommend Leonoor, Rose & Mary (you order through and pay her direct)||Hand tied bouquets from £85, sprays £135 – £295|
|Additional fee if service is to be held in a church before the crematorium||£300|
|Dressing your family member in chosen outfit (dressing is a personal choice and not obligatory – a dignified soft coffin sheet is also used)||£75|
|Private family time in Chapel of Rest (covers private church hire for an hour and transporting the coffin)||£250|
|Pacemaker removal (if required)||£95|
|Embalming (if required)||£155|
|Out of hours collection for homes and care homes (5pm – 8am, weekends and bank holidays)||£225|
|Out of area collection (typically hospital outside of London, elsewhere in UK)||£1.50 per mile|
- Simplest: hearsette, basic cardboard coffin, lead the service yourselves with our support, ballpark £2,650
- Simple: hearsette, London coffin, celebrant, 30 x Order of Service, ballpark £3,200
- Ceremonial: a traditional hearse, celebrant, willow coffin, live webcast, 50 x Order of Service, Video slideshow, ballpark £3,900
* Click to view what our fee includes
Arranging the funeral and legal forms, collection and looking after your relative at our private facilities, online tribute page to help inform family and friends of the funeral details, hand-holding you through the process taking care of all the details, personal access to a team member including outside of office hours, our attendance on the day.
Payment terms: we appreciate how much you have to sort at this time, our terms are within 21 days of the funeral date, with payment by bank transfer.
We're here to help you - call 020 3281 1045
Informal/ low key or a sense of ceremony and tradition
Think about whether you would like an informal / low key approach or a sense of tradition and ceremony:
- Informal / low key – is where we use our Galaxy hearsette (coffin is not visible from the outside) and we pre-place the coffin into the chapel before family are invited to enter
- Sense of ceremony or tradition – is where we use a hearse for transport and the coffin is carried in by pallbearers – can be family or we can organise pallbearers
If you wish to keep things informal the hearsette and pre-placement of the coffin is the simplest way – and minimises costs.
If you prefer a touch of ceremony, then the arrival of a hearse carrying the coffin and the coffin being carried in, adds a sense of ceremony and occasion.
Style of service
Celebrant led – Celebrants – also known as Humanists – are non-religious. A celebrant is excellent at navigating family dynamics and helping to write and structure a service. Their creativity will help to write a eulogy and look at ways of sharing favourite memories and stories.
Minister led – If your loved one followed a particular faith, a minister can lead a service for you to reflect their beliefs. Should you not know of a minister or have no connection with a church, we can find a minister for you within the parish of where your family member lived. Your family member does not have to have attended a particular church for a minister led service.
Family led – We work with many families that wish to lead the service themselves. If you already have ideas about the service, can create and pull the content together and the family dynamic is such that those involved will do their part, we support you and can open and close the service for you if needed. .
Personalising a funeral
- The Journey – a hearse procession can leave from the family home, or arrive direct at crematorium
- Transporting the coffin – keep it simple (hearsette) classic (black hearse) or there are many alternative versions of funeral transport available, options
- Family transport – make your own way in your own transport, hire a limousine (holds 6 people) or we can arrange executive hire cars from a local taxi firm
- Flowers – our recommended florist creates beautiful, environmentally aware arrangements from simple hand-tied to stunning sprays examples
- Live webcasting – enabling those who cannot attend to watch the service live (available for 28 days)
- Video slideshow of up to 30 photos – a visual way to quietly reflect during a service, we create this as a video file set to a chosen track of music
- Order of Service – we design and print Orders of Service using photos in an elegant way
How else we can help you
- Informing family and friends – we create an online tribute page to help you communicate to family and friends details of the funeral. Includes directions, google maps, live webcast details plus any charity donation details. There are also options to add an RSVP or leave a tribute.
- Easy access to us any time– you will have easy access to us outside of office hours and weekends as we know questions will pop up anytime as you plan with family
- Hand-hold you throughout – you will always know who you are speaking with and we are there to support you on the day of the funeral
Alternative venue – GreenAcres Chiltern and Clandon Wood, a different funeral experience
A crematorium funeral does not have to take place at a crematorium. The Woodland Hall at GreenAcres Chiltern and the Pavilion at Clandon Wood (both natural burial grounds) are also available to hire for a cremation service. The actual cremation happens separately after the service, family do not follow there.
You feel like you have your own private space in a beautiful woodland hall set in the forest, or in an airy pavillion set in a meadow.
We're here to help you - call 020 3281 1045
Personalised Cremation Funeral Summary
Our personalised approach to funerals helps you to reflect a family member’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, don’t know where to start.
Our approach is to listen and ask the questions that will help you to work out the most fitting way to say farewell.
Some families like to be as involved as they can – we support you to do this. Some families find being involved too hard and need a lot more interaction.
The first step is to call us, we are here to help you.
White Rose is run by husband and wife team Nick and Jacqui Taimitarha
I cannot recommend White Rose Modern Funerals highly enough. Jacqui and Nick are professional, kind and go the extra mile to make sure you make the funeral of your relative the celebration of life that you want it to be. Naomi L-S