Current Situation for Funerals
The Coronavirus pandemic restrictions on funerals limit the number of mourners present. The exact number depends on the size of the venue, typically up to 20 – 30 people are allowed to attend (call us for exact numbers for your chosen crematorium). But a smaller funeral does not mean it is any less meaningful. What matters is how the time is spent.
You may have ideas that you want help with. Or, you may feel unable to process thoughts We will hand hold you through what needs to happen. And use our creativity to help you plan a meaningful, family farewell.
An Intimate Gathering
Families are commenting how they have appreciated the intimacy of a small gathering in a way they could not have expected. To not have the pressure of a larger crowd sat behind you enables you to say things you may not have felt free to say.
£1,950 + 3rd party costs & options
We serve families in West / SW London to NE Surrey
Minister or Celebrant / Humanist Led Service
Minister led – If a particular faith is to form part of your service, we can help to arrange for a Minister – or maybe you already have your own Minister or priest that you know.
Celebrant led – If your preference is a non-religious service, we work with a number of talented celebrants / humanists who can help you to plan a fitting farewell. Some families just want a ‘light touch’ service where tributes written by the family are read out. Some families want a eulogy style service where a life story is created. Tributes from non-attending family members can be voice recorded to be played during the service if you wish.
The restrictions on funerals has seen the evolving of ideas on how to help family and friends feel connected when they cannot attend.
- The Drive By – for some families, we have arranged a ‘drive by’ where family and friends can gather at certain points along the route to the crematorium, to pay their respects – we have seen the most touching scenes (safely carried out), that have helped people to feel close on the day
- Personal Voice Recordings played during the service
- An Elegant Memorial Online-Page – to help you inform relatives and friends, this is useful if you are planning a later memorial / celebration of life – see example
- Beautifully Designed Order of Service or Memory Booklets that you can send to family and friends. This can be replicated to an online version too.
- Live Streaming – available at most crematoriums
- Video – we can also create a video of the service, a private link will be sent to you to share with family
- Elegant Hand Tied coffin bouquets – so family can take the flowers home after, as many crematorium are not allowing flowers to stay
Personalised Cremation Funeral Summary
At White Rose Modern Funerals we help you to reflect a family member’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, don’t know where to start.
Our approach is to talk through what mattered to who has died and to you as a family. We then help you to create the most fitting way to say farewell.
Our transparent approach to pricing will help to minimise costs.
Our knowledge and organisation skills will help you through what we know is an overwhelming and difficult time.
I cannot recommend White Rose Modern Funerals highly enough. Jacqui and Nick are professional, kind and go the extra mile to make sure you make the funeral of your relative the celebration of life that you want it to be. Naomi L-S
The cost of a Personalised Cremation Service
White Rose Modern Funerals fee: £1,950 + 3rd party costs & options
Our fee includes:
- Comprehensive support, advice and planning – you always talk directly with us, Nick or Jacqui
- Collection of your loved one to be taken to private mortuary**
- Should you wish to keep things very simple, our Galaxy hearsette transport and wood effect cardboard coffin cardboard coffin are provided at no extra cost.
- Should you wish to personalise your choices, we have a number of elegant options for coffins and transport transparently priced
- We can record a video of the funeral service if you wish
- We collect the ashes for you and arrange a convenient time for you to collect from one of our offices.
- Crematorium fee single slot: £535 – £670 dependent upon crematorium
- Doctor’s fee for cremation forms: £82
- Celebrant fee (£150 – £240) Minister fee approx £200– C of E currently no charge
- For coffins, vehicles, flowers, Order of Service – please click Options tab
** Out of hours collection – Monday – Friday 4pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays – incur an additional £195 fee
**Collections outside of 10 mile radius of Teddington are charged at £2 per additional mile.
*** Crematoria outside of 10 mile radius of our departure facilities incur a £2 mileage charge.
Our options give you flexibility and transparency of pricing:
- Officiant for the service – see celebrant or minister
- Celebrant (£150 for light touch service, £240 for full eulogy service)
- Church Minister typically £200, but C of E have waived their fee during pandemic
- Coffin – from £295 (traditional style oak veneer) to from £445 to £795 for willow, wool, picture, walnut etc See coffins
- Black traditonal hearse £250
- Alternative hearses and transport from £420 – see funeral vehicles for other vehicle options.
- Hearse procession to leave from the home £100
- Limousines – carry 6 people £300 per vehicle
- Pallbearers if coffin not being pre-placed, 4 needed. £40 each (not many crematoria are allowing family to carry during pandemic)
- Dressing of your family member in chosen outfit £75 Non-COVID related deaths only
- Private viewing of your loved one in Chapel of Rest in Teddington, includes non-invasive preparation of the body £175 Non-COVID related deaths only
- Order of service printed booklet – see order of service from £3 per copy
- Photo printing A4 and simple frame or large format A2 print £35
- Flowers – elegant coffin bouquet £85, coffin sprays £175 – £250 see funeral flowers
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- With the pandemic contact is by phone, WhatsApp video, Zoom, Skype
- We will complete all statutory forms and paperwork
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- We will hand guide you through the whole process of planning a funeral, taking you through stage by stage so you are not overwhelmed, keeping you fully informed
- Flowers can be placed ready on top of the coffin if provided, or maybe you would like to place them yourselves when inside the chapel
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel
- Choose music tracks that can fit into a 20 or 30 minute service, the first of which can be played as you walk into the chapel
- You will have 20 – 30 minutes in the chapel depending upon the crematoria (additional time can be booked, see crematorium fees)
- We will recommend a Celebrant (Humanist / Civil) or Minister whose personality style would suit your family
- Ashes to be collected at an arranged time from our Teddington office, or Hammersmith or Chiswick meeting rooms
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a Personalised funeral
We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. With the pandemic most meetings are manged through phone, WhatsApp, zoom.
Paperwork processes are all handled remotely during the pandemic. We have a creative eye and can with any ideas you may have.
We will email you a fee summary based on our discussion so that you have complete transparency regarding the pricing.
White Rose Modern Funerals arrange cremation funerals for families throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.