Personalised Cremation Funeral
£1,750 + 3rd party costs and options
During lockdown, we have adapted our cremation funeral services and pricing to be simpler for families.
This is due to many crematoriums reducing their service time to 20 minutes, and generally the number of people attending a funeral being far less than the restriction of 30 people.
3rd party costs are the crematorium fee (subjective to crematorium, typically £560 – £670) and £82 for the doctor’s certificate for cremation.
If you wish to keep a funeral as simple as possible, with transport, simple coffin and the service being family led, there would be no optional costs (other than flowers if you wished to order them) so the funeral cost would be around £2,392
If you wished to have more of a sense of occasion with hearse transport, personal choice of coffin and a minister or celebrant to lead the service you would be looking from around £3,200.
You have choices and flexibility to personalise a funeral, we transparently list all options in a fee summary, so you know you are only paying for what you want.
£1,750 + 3rd party costs & options
We serve families in West / SW London to NE Surrey
How to adapt a funeral during the pandemic
The current legal maximum is for 30 people to attend. However some chapels can only allow 20 people due to its size and social spacing – we can advise.
For people who cannot attend, the use of live webcasting and video is helping enormously.
Despite the number restrictions, many families comment they prefer not having the stress of a larger crowd and appreciate the intimacy of a smaller funeral.
We are seeing many thoughtful, family farewells and can advise on how to create a meaningful service.
Style of funeral ceremony – informal or a sense of occasion
The starting point is to consider if you would like a no fuss approach or a sense of tradition or occasion. Below is to give you an idea of choices.
- Informal transport – is where we use our Galaxy hearsette (coffin is not visible from the outside)
- Formal transport – is where we use a hearse for transport
- Informal start to ceremony – we pre-place the coffin into the chapel before family are invited to enter
- Formal start to ceremony – the coffin is carried in by pallbearers – can be family or we can organise pallbearers
If you wish to keep things no-fuss the hearsette and pre-placement of the coffin is the simplest way – and minimises costs.
If you prefer a touch of ceremony, then the arrival of a hearse carrying the coffin and the coffin being carried in, adds a sense of occasion.
Flowers – our talented florist creates hand-tied coffin bouquets that families can take away after as an alternative to a formal coffin spray if you wish.
Style of service
Family led service – If you wish to keep things really simple, many families opt for a family led funeral – no minister or celebrant – where they just quietly reflect listening to music and share a few memories with each other.
We have seen many heartfelt farewells led this way with a mixture of tears and laughter. If required, we can open and close the service for you.
Celebrant led – If you would like a helping hand to plan and write a service for you, we work with a talented team of celebrants we recommend.
With many service times being restricted to 20 minutes, it’s working out how to best use that time. If it is just immediate family attending, you may not feel a need for a eulogy. Families have instead looked at ways of sharing favourite memories and stories.
Minister led – If your loved one followed a particular faith, a minister can lead a service for you. Should you not know of a minister or have no connection with a church, we can find a minister for you within the parish of where your family member lived – your family member does not have to have attended a particular church.
We're here to help you - call 020 3281 1045
The restrictions on funerals has seen the evolving of ideas on how to help family and friends feel connected when they cannot attend.
- Live webcasting – connect those who cannot attend, enabling them to watch the service live
- Video – if you would prefer a permanent memory of the funeral, we can discreetly video for you
- Slideshow of up to 30 photos set to music – a lovely way to reflect quietly during a service, we create this as a video file which is far more effective than a typical slideshow. This means you can also use it again if you are planning a later Celebration of Life
- Online tribute page – this is useful to announce what is happening with the funeral, where people can easily access the live webcast and Order of Service,, leave a donation to a chosen charity and write a tribute if they wish.
- The Journey – during the pandemic, for some families we have arranged the journey to the crematorium to take a specific route by the home, so friends and neighbours can safely distance and bid farewell
- Transport – a variety of hearse options are available, or keep it simple with our hearsette. For family transport if you don’t wish to drive yourselves, we can arrange limousines, or we also use Parker Cars executive hire for a simpler style.
Alternative venue – GreenAcres Chiltern, a different funeral experience
During the pandemic, we have taken many families to GreenAcres Chiltern that offers a whole different experience for a funeral.
This is a place that will allow up to 30 people and a special sense of occasion with its stunning setting.
You feel like you have your own private space in a beautiful woodland hall set in the forest, 30 people can attend with up to an hour’s service time. It avoids the conveyor belt of a typical crematorium as there is relaxed time to talk outside at the beginning and end of the service. If you would like something more than the simplest funeral, do take a look at this option.
We're here to help you - call 020 3281 1045
Personalised Cremation Funeral Summary
At White Rose Modern Funerals we help you to reflect a family member’s life as you know it.
You may already have ideas that you want help with. Or, don’t know where to start.
Our approach is to talk through what mattered to who has died and to you as a family. We then help you to create the most fitting way to say farewell.
Our transparent approach to pricing will help to minimise costs.
Our knowledge and organisation skills will help you through what we know is an overwhelming and difficult time.
White Rose is run by husband and wife team Nick and Jacqui Taimitarha
I cannot recommend White Rose Modern Funerals highly enough. Jacqui and Nick are professional, kind and go the extra mile to make sure you make the funeral of your relative the celebration of life that you want it to be. Naomi L-S
The cost of a Personalised Cremation Service
White Rose Modern Funerals fee: £1,750 + 3rd party costs & options
Our fee includes:
- Comprehensive support, advice and planning – you always talk directly with us, Nick or Jacqui
- Collection of your loved one to be taken to private mortuary**
- Should you wish to keep things very simple, our Galaxy hearsette transport is provided at no extra cost should you not wish to use a hearse. And we provide a simple handleless cardboard coffin
- Should you wish to personalise your choices, we have a number of elegant options for coffins and transport transparently priced
- We can record a video of the funeral service if you wish
- We collect the ashes for you and arrange a convenient time for you to collect from one of our offices.
- Crematorium fee single slot: £535 – £670 dependent upon crematorium
- Doctor’s fee for cremation forms: £82
- Celebrant fee: typically £250
- Minister fee: approx £228
- For coffins, vehicles, flowers, Order of Service – please click Options tab
** Out of hours collection – Monday – Friday 4pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays – incur an additional £195 fee
**Collections outside of 10 mile radius of Teddington are charged at £2 per additional mile.
*** Crematoria outside of 10 mile radius of our departure facilities incur a £2 mileage charge.
Standard payment terms
Once all options have been agreed an invoice is raised and payment is made online, within 7 days of the funeral taking place if we are returning the ashes to you. If the ashes are being scattered at the crematorium, payment is required 3 working days before the funeral takes place.
Our options give you flexibility and transparency of pricing:
- Officiant for the service – see celebrant or minister
- Celebrant for full eulogy service £250
- Master of Ceremony for when you write and design your own service but need someone to officiate £185
- Church Minister typically £200, but C of E have waived their fee during pandemic
- Church Service before going to Crematorium £300
- Coffin – from £245 (traditional style oak veneer) to from £445 to £795 for willow, wool, picture, walnut etc See coffins
- Black hearse £250
- Alternative hearses and transport from £420 – see funeral vehicles for other vehicle options.
- Hearse procession to leave from the home £100
- Limousines – carry 6 people £300 per vehicle
- Pallbearers if coffin not being pre-placed, 4 needed. £40 each (not many crematoria are allowing family to carry during pandemic)
- Dressing of your family member in chosen outfit £75
- Private viewing of your loved one in Chapel of Rest in Teddington, includes non-invasive preparation of the body £250
- Order of service printed booklet – see order of service from £3 per copy
- Live webcast – typically £60 (dependent on choice of crematorium)
- Private video of the service – £95
- Slideshow video of photos set to music – £95
- Personalised online tribute and information page – £95
- Flowers – elegant coffin bouquet £85, coffin sprays £175 – £250 see funeral flowers
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- With the pandemic contact is primarily by phone, Zoom, Skype – but we can also arrange in person meetings in a socially distanced setting
- We will manage completion and submission of all statutory forms and paperwork electronically
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care at our private facility
- We will personally guide you through the whole process of planning a funeral, taking you through stage by stage so you are not overwhelmed, keeping you fully informed
- Flowers can be placed ready on top of the coffin if provided, or maybe you would like to place them yourselves when inside the chapel
- Choose a photo of your loved one that can be displayed at the chapel
- Choose music tracks that can fit into a 20 or 30 minute service, the first of which can be played as you walk into the chapel
- You will have 20 – 30 minutes in the chapel depending upon the crematoria (additional time can be booked, see crematorium fees)
- We will recommend a Celebrant (Humanist / Civil) or Minister whose personality style would suit your family
- Ashes to be collected at an arranged time from our Teddington office
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a Personalised funeral
We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. With the pandemic most meetings are manged through phone, WhatsApp, zoom.
Paperwork processes are all handled remotely during the pandemic. We have a creative eye and can with any ideas you may have.
We will email you a fee summary based on our discussion so that you have complete transparency regarding the pricing.
White Rose Modern Funerals arrange cremation funerals for families throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.