Direct cremation is a no fuss, no service funeral – no family or mourners are present.
Families typically choose direct cremation when planning a memorial, celebration of life or scattering / interment of ashes at a different time – and they do not want the cremation to be the main focus of the funeral.
It can also be a choice previously expressed by the person who has died, this is becoming more common due to influential media advertising.
However, as a family, we do advise you to chat through your options with us first – there is flexibility to what you may want to do. Whilst still keeping things no fuss.
£950 + crematoria fee £305 and doctor's certificate £82
We serve families in West / SW London to NE Surrey
Direct Cremation Summary
White Rose Modern Funerals organise Direct Cremations for families seeking a funeral without ceremony.
We manage all the legal process for you – this can be handled remotely when a family live away from the person who has died.
We always keep you fully updated on what is happening and when, so you can feel involved throughout even if you cannot be there in person.
With our help and guidance, the process of arranging a direct cremation is straight forward. We make sure that your loved one receives a dignified and respectful service at all times.
White Rose is run by husband and wife team Nick and Jacqui Taimitarha
I can wholeheartedly recommend White Rose Modern Funerals. I recently lost my Mother and didn’t want to have to endure a fancy burial service when Mum had said she didn’t want any fuss. They told me all the different options available and the costs were made clear in advance. Both Jacqui & Nick have a gentleness about them that made the whole process so much easier to cope with. I am eternally grateful to them and for the respect & dignity that they gave my Mother. Sue R
The cost of a Direct Cremation
White Rose Modern Funerals fee: £950 + 3rd party costs
Our fee includes:
- Comprehensive support and guidance to organise the direct cremation
- Collection of your loved one to be taken to private mortuary*
- A wood effect cardboard coffin
- Transportation of your loved one direct to the crematorium
- We will let you know the date and time of the committal
- We collect the ashes, we will then arrange for you to collect the ashes from one of our offices
3rd party costs (disbursements) for this type of funeral are typically:
- Crematorium fee: £305 (Kingston Crematorium)
- Doctors’ fee for cremation forms: £82 (not required if HM Coroner involved)
* Out of hours collection 5pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays incur an additional £195 fee
* Home collection or nursing home collection incur an additional £195 fee
* Our direct cremation service only applies to collections within a 7 mile radius
Please note: The following options are unavailable with a Direct Cremation:
- Attendance at the cremation
- Dressing of your loved one in chosen outfit
- Private viewing in Chapel of Rest
- Choice of crematoria, date and time of cremation
If you wish to include any of these options, see our No Fuss Family-Led Cremation
How it works
- Call us on 020 3281 1045 or complete our contact form
- We will arrange to meet you to complete the paperwork either at your home, our office or it can be completed remotely.
- We will collect your loved one and bring them into our care
- Please note this is a cremation only no service funeral
- Professional contact throughout so you have clarity about what is happening and when
- We will hand deliver the ashes to you (or arrange a courier if outside of Richmond or Kingston upon Thames)
Relevant blog: What is a Direct Cremation?
Call 020 3281 1045 to speak to Nick or Jacqui about arranging a direct cremation. We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
A direct cremation can be arranged remotely, in which case we will prepare and email/post forms for you to sign and return. Alternatively, we are happy to meet with you in person – either at our office in Teddington or in your home or convenient local meeting place.
You may decide that direct cremation is not the right option – in which case we can offer a simple attended cremation or a personalised cremation service. We will always give you complete choice and flexibility.
White Rose provide direct cremations as well as full service funerals throughout South West London and Surrey. As a husband and wife team, we hold your hand each step of the way to help organise a simple, modern, meaningful funeral.